Thursday, July 31, 2014

Check, check, check

Get up - check
Shower - check
Feed dogs, eat breakfast - check
Spend time with God - check
Get dressed - check
Get to work - check
etc etc etc - check
Fall in bed - chec...zzzzzzzzz





Typical day for me. Is this a typical day for you? I am always thankful for a Creator that creates in me an opportunity to hear/see Him in this maddening life I lead. God got me this morning! The very top of the page I opened to this morning:

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God!" 1 Corinthians 10:31

Looking back at my daily task list I see that I might could do a better job at glorifying God in my daily schedule.

Although Paul the Apostle gets under my skin ( a lot!) I find that I often take offense at what he writes because it hits a little to close to home! I mean really!?!?!? Paul thinks we should glorify God all day? Then this happened.



This photo may look like a candid shot of children playing on a playground and it is. But pay close attention - I think you will see what I saw. There is one girl holding another girl up to be able to make it across the rings while she works on her ability, builds courage to go solo. What may seem like simple and innocent time at play to you I am sure to God it was a moment to make our Parent smile and swill with pride.

What I feel the lesson from Paul is this:

Of course - don't engage in those things that would shame, grieve, or disgrace God. Also, engage in those habits and practices that shine a spotlight on God. But Paul is also saying as you go through your day, getting life done, do what you do in such a way that God is made clearer to the world through your actions. 

What character traits should others see in us? 
A determination for excellence in all we do- because God created us in perfection

A compassionate desire to lift others up - because God cares for those that cannot help Him

I see this in children that came to HUMC's dance camp to dance and just have fun; and the did. However, in that time they glorified God. They worked so hard to perfect the dance that they will perform during worship to in praise of God. They showed kindness and compassion toward each other in play and work.

barre work

working with Mr. Ty to understand how our whole body portrays emotions

Miss Isabel works on perfection of hands and feet

Miss Katy teaches that beauty will take effort

I pray that their lessons urge me to be more excellent - more compassionate in all I do - I say - in who I am. I urge you to drop by over today and tomorrow and see for yourself how experienced dancers help younger dancers, how they play with care and concern for their friends; new and old. 

I challenge you to be more like them; today, tomorrow, always!











No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIVE US AGAIN!

Photo from: JuicyEcumenism.com As a former student of Asbury Theological Seminary, I have been asked to weigh-in on the event taking place a...