Thursday, January 15, 2015

Go Thereforing

I have been asked this question again this year. Why do I do this? Sitting and waiting in Miami after 8 hours looking towards the next 10 hours of travel I admit. The question comes to mind. We have a 3-4 hour lay over in Miami so I have plenty of time to ponder the answer. 


Of course, the Sinday school answere is found in Matthew 28:19..."Go therefor and make disciples, all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I am "go the refor-ing."
But really, this is why I go...

For the Brenda's in Guatemala. The hungry, hurting and those in need of healing. I feel called to be among these people to recalibrate my internal compass that calls me into caring relationships with others. I am a better pastor when reminded that there are people in need; truly in need. It hurts my heart and a wounded heart is more fertile for God to send me to serve the hurting. 

Look here and I will post as often and as much as I can. Let me take you with me in this journey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIVE US AGAIN!

Photo from: JuicyEcumenism.com As a former student of Asbury Theological Seminary, I have been asked to weigh-in on the event taking place a...